Sunday, November 1, 2015

Wow... the lock screen advertising is getting worse!

I've been noticing that Amazon lock screen advertising on my daughter's Kindle Fire is getting even more obnoxious. If the Game Of War ads weren't bad enough, now they are showing several slot machine game advertisements on the lock screen. An example is below:



This wasn't a lone occurrence, as I also got ads for "Viva Vegas Slots" and "Star Spins Slots" as well. I guess that Amazon decided that my 2 1/2 year old should get into gambling early. Not cool.

I found that you can remove the "objectionable" ads from the Offers application. Just go to Settings, and then turn the "Content Filtering" option. I'd just love to know why this isn't enabled by default when you have a children's profile enabled!

No comments:

Post a Comment