Since I couldn't get YouTube to load in Silk, I decided to install Firefox for Android instead. To do this, I had to do the following:
- Under Settings, go to Security. Enable the option to install Apps from Unknown Sources. You will get an scary security warning. Don't worry... you can disable this once you installed Firefox.
- Get the Firefox for Android .apk download file here:
- Or, you can just search "Firefox For Android apk download" in search
- Download the .apk file, and open it. You will be prompted to install the file.
- Launch the Firefox shortcut (you might have to scroll down to the bottom of the application list) when you're done, and have fun watching YouTube from youtube.com! Peppa Pig approves:
Victory is mine! I just wish that Amazon didn't make that needlessly difficult to do.